Saturday, January 22, 2011

Abberant Blog Neglection

Well.

It has been in excess of a fortnight since I blogged anything at all.  The start of school always hits me hard, even though there's very little work involved, and the way that this semester has shaken out it's been starting for three weeks now.

But rest assured, I have not been idle!  I am even now considering the beginnings of two reviews.  The first is of a comic/comix biography of Niels Bohr, and the second is of none other than Cryptonomicon, which I only just this morning finished, having been reading it since October or so.  Crypto will take some serious digestion, but I will give it my best shot.  I actually found a plot hole, but it concerns something surprising that happens in the last five pages of the book, so I don't think I'll mention it.



(Well, OK, for anyone that's read the thing, here it is: I'm pretty sure that just eating a secret message is a viable alternative to heroically immolating it and yourself.  There, done.  No one read this.)

Also, the sleep experiment is proceeding.  I have spent a week sleeping 9 hours per night, and another sleeping 8, and I'm here to tell you: that is a lot of sleep, no matter how you count it.  Sleeping that much is strongly incompatible with getting any work or entertainment done.  I'm excited for week 7-hours though; that seems like more my speed.

Finally, last night I started working on what will at the very minimum be a three-post epic.  I've mostly worked on the second one so far, which is an impediment, but I'm really excited about where this is going.  This may be the post that causes me to go... dare I say it... viral?!interrobang?  Time will tell.

Finally, because I apparently have a strong need to have a picture in every post, here is Neil Gaiman with a panda:

No comments:

Post a Comment